First session: Creative Economy
Mrs. Ivana Zecevic
Head of Department for competitiveness enhancement and export promotion, Directorate for SMEs development Montenegro
DIRECTORATE FOR DEVELOPMENT OF SMALL AND MEDIUM SIZED ENTERPRISES MONTENEGRO
National and Local policies to establish the appropriate business environment required to support and empower CREATIVITY as a KEY factor for development.
Directorate for development of small and medium sized enterprises Montenegro.
IPA Adriatic project
The main goal of the SMART INNO project is to develop a smart networking system for monitoring and fostering research & innovation capacity in SMEs across Adriatic Region.
The Government of Montenegro in many documents recognized the contribution of MSMEs to export promotion, by stating that the competitiveness of these firms is perceived as the basis for successful positioning on foreign markets.
- SME employees account for 61.71% of total employment
- Their share in total exports amounts to 31%
Nevertheless, Montenegro faces a large trade deficit and the share of the SME sector in exports is still at an unsatisfactory level
- Main problems of SMEs` management are lack of manager skills (business skills, IT skills, marketing, foreign language knowledge).
- Lack of financial sources, high interest rate, lack of micro financed institutions
- Business information, market information
- Standards, export procedures, tax
- Business registration, licensing, tax, providing finances
Boosting innovative capacity of traditional sectors such as tourism and food, by improving the innovation environment;
Improving the capacity and effectiveness of business support organizations involved in innovation services;
Build innovation, cross-border clusters of SMEs and R&D Institutes
Promote lifelong learning in research and innovation
Important project which support and empower CREATIVITY within SMEs
Voucher scheme for small and medium-sized enterprises – technical support by OECD
Mentoring for small and medium-sized enterprises
International partners of the Directorate for development of SMEs
- European Commission, EC
- Organization for cooperation and economic development – OECD
- Regional Cooperation Council – RCC
- ZSI, Austria
- European Training Foundation - ETF
- Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) – Japan
- KOSGEB, Turkey
- BSMEPA, Bulgaria
- Aida - Albania
- Regional Development Agency of the Marche Region (SVIM) – Italy
- International Trade Centre - ITC
- National Agency for development of Small and Medium Enterprises of Serbia, NARR